Nelson contracted services include operating and maintaining every aspect of waste water systems, from waste water treatment plants to extensive reticulated pipe networks.
Our focus on environmentally aware treatment of wastewater helps to preserve water resources, aid economic growth, protect the environment, and improve community outcomes.
Nelmac operates and maintains the Nelson North Wastewater Treatment Plant and the Bells Island Wastewater Treatment Plant in the top of the South Island. With this knowledge and experience, we reintroduce treated wastewater into the local environment in a way that is sensitive and balanced.
Nelmac also manages day-to-day network maintenance work, such as clearing blockages, proactive and responsive pipe and pump station maintenance, dye and smoke testing for pipe breaks and leak detection. We deploy ‘no dig’ repair solutions, minimising community and traffic disruption for residents and businesses.
Nelmac is responsible for regional waste networks, including the management of significant waste water treatment assets.
- Reservoirs / storage tanks / detention dams. 12
- Pumping stations. 25
- Reticulation Mains. 310kms
- Trunk mains and pressure mains. 68km
- Manholes and access points. 7,417
- Collection systems management and maintenance
- Repair to and reinstatement from blockages and overflows
- Treatment plant operation and maintenance
- Environmentally conscious wastewater disposal
- Training and education
- Equipment analysis and evaluation
- Understanding best treatment practices
- Consultation and advice
- Contractor liaison
- Stakeholder management and communication