Our communities are full of public and private facility assets (greenspace and built infrastructure) that require management and maintenance support.
Keeping these assets running optimally is crucial to retaining their value to communities and to avoiding the long term financial risks associated with underperforming assets.
Nelmac is well-placed to oversee facilities management, given the diverse array of services required – from occupier and stakeholder engagement, to building and landscape maintenance and construction to civil, electrical and general engineering work.
Nelmac's facility management team are constantly seeking to optimise the 'running' of a facility and maximise its availability for use. Whether it’s a civic building or community housing complex, Nelmac's systemised approach to managing maintenance requirements ensures that all usability, regulatory and compliance obligations are constantly met.
We create and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders. When essential repairs or maintenance necessitate disruption to stakeholders, our teams engage with those affected parties to clearly communicate our plans. Keeping everyone well-informed is key to building strong relationships.
- Civic buildings
- Sports & leisure venues
- Theatres, museums & heritage sites
- Community housing projects
- Public toilets
- Organic gardens
- Lease/rent management
- Preventative maintenance scheduling
- Reactive maintenance
- 24/7 response to issues
- Trade services including building and carpentry, electrical, plumbing and light engineering
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Legislative compliance
- Subcontract management
- Condition assessment
- Life-cycle costing
- Special investigations and trouble-shooting
- Project management on-site
- Manage and meet facilities budgets
- Liaising with building owners/occupiers, other service providers and contractors
- Managing maintenance and project budgets