Regional WWTP - Bell’s Island
The Bell's Island WWTP completes the Nelson Regional Sewage System (NRSS) - the waste water system serving adjacent communities in the Tasman District.
Nelmac has been responsible for the the Bell's Island facility since 2013 and in contracted by the Nelson Regional Sewerage Business Unit to meet performance targets for odour control, effluent discharge and biosolids quality.
- Primary screening, primary clarifier
- Activated sludge basin, secondary clarifier
- 3 x 10ha oxidation ponds, 2 x 10ha maturation ponds
- Sea outfall
- DAF and belt thickener sludge processing
- ATAD sludge treatment
- Biosolids disposal
Routine, proactive and reactive maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and regional pump stations and reticulation.
- Operation and routine maintenance of primary, secondary and tertiary treatment processes. This includes clarification, aeration, DAF and oxidation ponds
- Operation of ATAD, sludge digestion and bio solids production
- Testing and monitoring for resource consent compliance
- Reactive maintenance and emergency work
- Minor repairs/projects
- Routine monitoring and testing
- 24/7 support service
- Duty operator tester system
- SCADA monitoring
Tel. 0800 635 622 - press '1' for Water