Construction and renewals
Nelmac has many years experience extending and renewing three waters networks, from water source to outflow.
Our team manages the planning, construction and deployment of network extensions, and updates or repairs to outdated pipes and systems. We also realign aging pipes to lengthen their lives.
An ecology-led build approach
Nelmac’s team takes a multi-disciplinary approach to construction and renewals - drawing on Nelmac’s Conservation, Greenspace and Commercial teams, alongside our Three Waters Operations and Maintenance team to deliver solutions that are ecologically appropriate, sustainable, as well as fit-for-purpose and on budget.
With our strong focus on environmental values, we manage fresh and waste water in a way that is safe and minimises negative environmental impacts such as flooding. Our construction team works collaboratively with our ecological specialists to provide better stormwater removal services that focus on rivers and stream health, awareness of the need for fish passage and protection and robust erosion and sediment control.
Our project planning expertise includes project definition and scope; procurement; works and scope management; onsite supervision; change and relocation management; and project release.
- Full pipeline construction, renewals and repairs including:
- Backfill and reinstatement
- Pump station construction
- Mechanical and electrical
- Pumps and electrical control systems
- Control and automation
- Trenchless pipeline installation
- Paving and footpath construction
- Stream enhancement and restoration
- Planting wetlands, mudflats and weirs
- Contractor liaison
- Stakeholder management and communication
Tel. 0800 635 622 - press '1' for Water