Our waterways are precious assets that are constantly under pressure from thirsty and growing populations, and the myriad pollutant runoffs from urban and rural economic activity.
Kiwi’s are slowly coming to grips with the consequences of sub-optimal waterway management - lower water quality outcomes and fundamentally compromised water systems.
Gradually public and private stakeholders are investing in the protection, restoration and enhancement of our waterways.
Nelmac have delivered waterway enhancement projects across the Nelson Tasman region.
- Ecological assessment and monitoring
- Water quality monitoring
- Enhancement planning
- Planting planning and implementation
- Riverbank vegetation control
- Noxious weed control and removal
- Native fish ingress programme
- General maintenance and care
- Project management
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Budget management