We can care for our natural assets by ensuring wetlands and waterways are clean and habitable. Whether it’s a restoration project, a new planting or controlling over-abundant vegetation or plant pests, our expertise ensures these assets thrive for generations.
Wetlands and waterways services
- Waterway vegetation control, restoration and enhancement
- Riverbank vegetation control, including debris removal
- Coastal enhancement and dune restoration
- Native revegetation and planting
- Maintenance and ongoing care
- Consultation and advice
- Project managemement through every stage of the process
- Liaising with other service providers, planners and contractors
- Application and management of consent processes
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Managing budgets and on-time delivery
Our team has experience restoring wetlands and enhancing our natural environment. By improving the health of waterways through native planting and the reintroduction of native fish species, we have made a visible difference to many rivers and streams.
Our multi-disciplinary teams are fully familiar with environmental legislation and resource consent requirements, and display genuine commitment to environmental care. Our Nursery seeds and grows native and other plants for wetland and waterway planting projects.
Nelmac’s team understands project management. Our project planning expertise includes project definition and scope, procurement, works and scope management, onsite supervision, change and relocation management, and project release. There’s more to a project than drafting a plan. We understands a client’s desired outcomes and, with our technical knowledge, we can faciliate a successful project from start to finish.
Our solutions are practical and innovative, with a particular focus on freshwater, riparian and wetland planting. We have developed SmartRaft, a floating treatment wetland system which keeps down the build-up of algae and sediment in water bodies, thereby helping maintain a long-term ecological balance.