Nelmac manages wastewater networks for local government and commercial businesses.
Wastewater treatment services
- Collection systems management and maintenance
- Repair to and reinstatement from blockages and overflows
- Treatment plant operation and maintenance
- Environmentally conscious wastewater disposal
- Equipment analysis and evaluation
- Understanding best treatment practices
- Consultation and advice
- Liaising with other professionals
- Manage and meet project budgets
How we add value to your project
Our focus on environmentally aware treatment of wastewater helps to preserve water reosurces, aid economic growth, protect the environment, and improve communities.
Nelmac operates and maintains the Nelson North Wastewater Treatment Plant and the Bells Island Wastewater Treatment Plant in the top of the South Island. With this knowledge and experience, we reintroduce treated wastewater into the local environment in a way that is sensitive and balanced. In addition, being on-site operators means our intimate knowledge of the plant machinery and operations allows us to always seek out better ways of doing things for efficiencies and for the environment.
When Nelmac took over the contract at Bells Island, the asset registers were not complete and the maintenance schedules were not up to date, equipment wasn’t working, and the plant was in a tired state. Our staff have rectified all of these issues and reported to the client that the working state is much better in a few years time. This is owing to our multi-disciplinary approach where we can bring in the Electrical Team, the Maintenance Team, our Engineers, and the 3 Waters expert to sort a solution.