At Nelmac we recognise that mowing is a specialist skill and our mowing professionals take enormous pride in maintaining Nelson’s outdoor areas. In this role you will undertake mowing, with commercial sized ride on mowers, operate tractors, a range of weedeaters and other small plant. You will also carry out a range of other parks and reserves maintenance activities when you are not busy mowing. This work is heavy and demanding, so you will require a very good level of physical fitness.
During the increased growing months of Spring and Autumn and any unseasonably high growth periods there is the requirement that you will need to work longer hours.
To be considered for this role, applicants must possess the following skills and attributes:
• Proven experience in operating large ride on mowing machinery, large commercial out-front mowers with an emphasis on Kubota mowers
• Experience in carrying out basic repairs and maintenance on mowers and small plant
• An understanding of current Health & Safety legislation
• A full drivers licence (HT preferred)
• A high level of personal fitness and desire to work outdoors
• Be proactive, have a strong customer service focus and commitment to completing top quality work.
If you’ve got the enthusiasm, relevant industry skills and energy to become part of the mowing team we would love to hear from you.
Please note that applicants must have a clean driver’s licence, NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa, and will be required to undergo pre-employment medical checks, drug screening and ministry of justice check.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact:
Murray Thorn | P: 027 244 8168 | E: email@example.com
Please apply by sending your CV and a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Taking care of your environment from advice to delivery.
Nelmac is proud to safely deliver comprehensive solutions that enhance environments and communities, both now and for the future. As a wholly New Zealand-owned company with a professional, one-team approach, we utilise our resources and expertise of our 250 professionals to care for our natural and built environment by providing high quality consultancy, design, construction, asset management, maintenance and conservation services.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.