Due to internal staff movement we have a position available for a Crew Leader to join the Operations team in the Water Division. This role involves leading Water crews and overseeing daily operations to ensure successful project outcomes.
No two days will be the same in this position, with leadership, excellent communication, planning and organisational skills being key to success. You will be a team leader who has an eye for detail and the ability to think on the spot to resolve operational issues as they occur.
One of your key strengths will be the ability to make things happen! You will have a demonstrated background in leading and driving successful contracts and thrive on the challenge of consistently meeting high quality standards.
The Crew Leader will be responsible for:
- Effectively leading and supervising activities for the water team
- Planning job activities in advance and ensure all resources are in place prior to commencement
- Providing assistance and support to the Team Leader Water
- Maintaining a high level of health and safety culture within the team
- Leading /Supervising Nelmac team members and managing sub-contract and temporary resources as required.
Skills and Experience required
- A Class 2 License and wheels & track are desirable
- A current industry approved qualification in Water Reticulation
- A proven track record in leading and supervising teams is desirable
- Experience in pricing, organizing and successfully delivering projects is preferable.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact:
Duncan Renwick, Team Leader – Water
M: 027 545 1900 | E: email@example.com
Please note that applicants must have a clean driver’s licence, NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa, and will be required to undergo pre-employment medical checks and drug screening.
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications welcomed via email until Wednesday 8 August 2018.
Taking care of your environment from advice to delivery.
Nelmac is proud to safely deliver comprehensive solutions that enhance environments and communities, both now and for the future. As a wholly New Zealand-owned company with a professional, one-team approach, we utilise our resources and expertise of our 250 professionals to care for our natural and built environment by providing high quality consultancy, design, construction, asset management, maintenance and conservation services.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.