Nelson & top of the South Island
12 August 2018
Full time, Permanent
Nelmac is a dynamic environmental management company, based in the beautiful top of the south and working across many disciplines including Water, Recreation, Conservation, Landscape Architecture and Native Plant Production.
Our Conservation team is expanding so we are looking to grow our committed team of Conservation Rangers. Our Rangers carry out a full range of conservation ranger activities including but not limited to pest control, weed control, re-vegetation, and construction and maintenance of tracks.
This role is physically demanding which will see you working on a range of hand tools and light machinery, including chainsaws and scrub bars, and being outdoors in all elements. Some heavy lifting may also be required.
To be successful you will need to have the following:
• Hands on, practical experience in the conservation and/or biosecurity field, ideally with a qualification in the field
• A high degree of pest plant identification required
• A current driver’s licence with four wheel drive experience
• Wheels tracks and rollers licence
• Digger experience would be an advantage
• Experience using chainsaws, hand tools and light machinery, ideally with NZQA credits
• A good degree of physical fitness
• Flexibility to work away from home on occasion
• The ability and attitude to work in all weather conditions and terrain
• A real desire to work in and contribute to a supportive team environment
• A genuine passion for the environment in which we live
• On the job initiative and good communications skills
• Willingness to work in Tasman/Nelson districts as contracts demand
• A good level of health and safety awareness.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career. The successful applicant will work closely with our wider Conservation team to deliver comprehensive environmental management solutions across the top half of the South Island.
Nelmac places a strong emphasis and has a culture focused on the health and safety of our employees. If successful you will be expected to actively engage in this culture. As part of this Nelmac will require you to complete a pre-employment medical and drug test, along with a criminal history check.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
For any enquiries please contact Hadyn Butler | Contracts Manager | Ecology
M: 021 915 993 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Taking care of your environment from advice to delivery.
Nelmac is proud to safely deliver comprehensive solutions that enhance environments and communities, both now and for the future. As a wholly New Zealand-owned company with a professional, one-team approach, we utilise our resources and expertise of our 250 professionals to care for our natural and built environment by providing high quality consultancy, design, construction, asset management, maintenance and conservation services.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.