Nelmac's stormwater capability covers construction, maintenance and renewals of stormwater pipes for local authorities. We also develop and implement innovative, environmentally sensitive stormwater management solutions and waterway enhancement projects.
- Construction, repair and replacement of the stormwater network
- Incorporation of wetlands and natural vegetation into stormwater management strategies
- Creation of in-stream habitats
- Creation of community amenity assets with a functional stormwater purpose
- Managing fish passage
- Sediment control and management
- Civil construction advice and creative solutions
- Native revegetation planting
- Maintenance and ongoing care of stormwater assets
- Project management through every stage of the process
- Liaising with other service providers, engineers and contractors
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Managing budgets and on-time delivery
We bring multi-disciplinary teams together from our stable of 3 Waters and Ecology experts to create integrated stormwater solutions for our local government clients. Drawing on the expertise of our ecologists, landscape architects, horticulturists, construction leaders and our stormwater team, we find solutions to safely move storm and flood waters in a way that also creates an attractive amenity and long-term community asset. We are at our very best when we are able to incorporate wetlands and natural vegetation into our solutions to enhance the environmental values of the waterways.
Nelmac’s team understands project management. Our project planning expertise includes project definition and scope, procurement, works and scope management, onsite supervision, change and relocation management, and project release. There’s more to a project than drafting a plan. We take time to understand our client's desired outcomes, and their stakeholders' concerns. This, combined with our technical knowledge, allows us to facilitate a successful project from start to finish.