Regardless of the terrain – green spaces, rivers, coasts, streams, farmland and deep bush – Nelmac has the expertise and resources to establish new plantings or to restore native ones to achieve better ecological outcomes.
Planting and restoration services
- Waterway and coastal enhancement and restoration
- Riverbank vegetation control, including debris removal
- Cycle track planning, construction and maintenance
- Conservation reserves and green spaces
- Native revegetation planting and maintenance
- Ecological restoration of land
- Noxious weed control and removal
- Pest control
- Biosecurity services
- Waterways maintenance and care
- Project management through every stage of the process
- Liaising with other service providers, landscape architects, planners and contractors
- Application and management of consent processes
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Managing budgets and on-time delivery
Nelmac offers practical planting and restoration solutions that are innovative and meet ecological outcomes based on sound, applied science. With expertise in the regeneration of tracks and trails, waterways and wetlands as well as deep bush and farmlands, our team can advise on and implement any restoration plan. Our Nursery team grows and supplies a wide range of quality plants.
To transfer the knowledge and experience of our team to the next generation, we have partnered with the Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology. Trainee Ranger graduates have the opportunity for employment with Nelmac to apply and hone their skills in conservation and recreation management.