Nelmac’s 24/7 operations and maintenance services helps keep our communities' fresh water, wastewater and stormwater networks functioning around the clock.
OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE SERVICES
- 24/7 response
- Pipe breaks
- Water leaks
- Overflows and flooding repair and restoration
- Treatment plant operation and maintenance
- Metering and valving
- Quality sampling and environmental compliance assessment
- Installation and maintenance of back-flow prevention systems
- Automation and control
- Electrical services
- Emergency response
- Operating and maintaining assets within consent conditions
- Liaising with other service providers, engineers and contractors
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Managing budgets and on-time delivery
Nelmac’s team have worked on water networks for local authorities for more than 25 years. Our experience and knowledge means we have an in-depth understanding of the intricacies of building, operating and maintaining water networks efficiently. With in-house water treatment expertise, we are specialists in managing drinking water in compliance with New Zealand standards and in managing public health risks.
We have a high level of expertise in wastewater as well. Our contracted services include managing reticulated wastewater systems - clearing blockages, proactive and responsive maintenance, dye and smoke testing for pipe breaks or leak detection. With the technology to carry out ‘no dig’ repairs, we are able to minimise disruption to traffic and adjacent residents or businesses. We also have expertise in wastewater treatment plant operations and maintenance, including telemetry monitoring.
During a civil defence emergency, our team is a first responder and critical partner. Whether it’s a heavy weather event or a declared flooding or other emergency, we can be relied upon for knowledge and prompt action to restore water, wastewater and stormwater services.